Zambia African Safari

Promotes Zambia safari and tourism plus the conservation of wildlife and the environment. Visit the site by clicking here

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Zambian Captains the African Legends

Zambian national soccer team technical director Kalusha Bwalya on Saturday January 7 2006 was captain of the African Legends team that played against the European Legends. This was a soccer game of former football greats from Africa and Europe who enjoyed a social game of football to raise funds.

Kalusha Bwalya is Zambia’s football icon and runs Kalusha Bwalya foundation for grass root soccer to train the youth in football skills and HIV/AIDS awareness.

Bwalya was among former Newcastle United coach and Dutch soccer great Ruud Gullit, Hristo Stoitchkov (Bulgaria), Frenchman Christian Karembeu and Welshman Ian Rush in the African Legends versus European Legends match at Johannesburg’s Ellis Park stadium.

Tournament director Emy Casaletti said the purpose of the match was to raise money for the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund. Nelson Mandela is the world’s most popular former prisoner and the first black president of South Africa. To day he runs the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund

These football giants participated in the Legends match at Ellis Park in South Africa not to receive match fees but to pay respect to Nelson Mandela and to raise money for the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund.

A good example is Mr. Gullit. In 1987 he dedicated his world player of the year award to the then imprisoned Nelson Mandela. Before traveling to South Africa Gullit had this to say, “I have great respect for Nelson Mandela and I can’t wait to be in South Africa. I’m also impressed with the high standard of African football,”

“We are going to dish out entertaining football and we will score many goals. But it will not be an easy march because we will be up against quality African players,”

However, Gullit told a South African tabloid that his side would score enough goals to upset the Jomo Sono coached African Legends team.

And true to his word the European Legends beat African Legends 3 to 1.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Enestle Zimba, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Permanent Income and see what came up. Zambian Captains the African Legends is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Permanent Income. Getting late, have a good evening.

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Enestle Zimba, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what No Cost to You will bring up. Zambian Captains the African Legends is certainly interesting and informative. No Cost to You is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Enestle Zimba, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Residual Cash Flow and landed here. Although Zambian Captains the African Legends is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Residual Cash Flow will take me. Have a great day!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Enestle Zimba, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Permanent Income and see what came up. Zambian Captains the African Legends is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Permanent Income. Getting late, have a good evening.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Enestle Zimba, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Global Business and landed here. Although Zambian Captains the African Legends is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Global Business will take me. Have a great day!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Enestle Zimba, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Residual Cash Flow and see what came up. Zambian Captains the African Legends is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Residual Cash Flow. Getting late, have a good evening.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home